ABOUT VIRGINIA RUSH’S ADVANCED PROGRAM
The Virginia Rush Advanced program offers age groups U9 through U16 (2012-2005 birth year) boys and girls. The Advanced program is offered to players who seek a level of play between recreational and competitive. Teams are formed through an open onsite try-out process. Teams formed in June remain together for one year (fall and spring seasons). Players and teams can be added in the spring season through the Spring try-out process. The primary focus of the Advanced program is to offer age-appropriate training and games in the Tidewater Advanced Soccer League (TASL). TASL offers competition at all levels of recreational youth soccer for boys and girls. Participation in TASL is extended to all clubs affiliated with the United States Soccer Federation (US Soccer) in the Hampton Roads area.
The Advanced program groups children according to the US Youth Soccer (USYS) age group structure and TASL guidelines. Players U9-U12, participate in “small-sided” games, which enables players to have more active participation and time on the ball. Players U13-U16, participate in the 11v11 game format, which allows these players to receive the most realistic view of the game. All players in the Advanced program that participate in practices shall play at least 50% of each game.
- Tryout Dates and Info
- Registration Instructions
- Fees and Payment
- Game Day Schedule and Season Info
- Coaches Corner
- Staff Contacts
The Virginia Rush Soccer Club conducts player tryouts/clinics for all players wishing to participate in the TASL Advanced League. All interested (new) players for the Spring are required to register prior to the tryout date.
All players who attend the tryout are evaluated by the volunteer Advanced Coaches and the Director of Coaching staff. Players are selected based on their ability. All final placement decisions are made by the Advanced Program Manager and Director of Coaching for Developmental Programs in conjunction with the individual team coaches.
Spring Tryout/Clinic 2021:
TIMES: TBA U9 – U12 Boys and Girls | TBA U13+ Boys and Girls
|BIRTH YEAR||AGE GROUP||PLAYING FORMAT|
Onsite Tryout Player Instructions
- All players must register online and pay the registration fee.
- Players are to bring a soccer ball, water, and be appropriately dressed for practice.
Virginia Rush offers two ways to register for the Advance program:
- The preferred method is online registration. Payment options include online credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or mail-in check. Click the “REGISTER PLAYER NOW” link to the left to begin the online registration process.
- Walk-in registration can be completed at the Rush office. The office is located at 2044 Landstown Centre Way, Virginia Beach, VA 23456 (Monday – Friday) from 9:00am to 4:00pm.
Team Formation Areas
|North||Bayside, Great Neck, Kings Grant and Norfolk|
|South||Chesapeake, Kempsville and Southeast|
- Go to leagues.bluesombrero.com/varushsoccer to begin the registration process.
- In the top right-hand corner click “Register” to set up your family account.
- Create your family ID and Password. If you already have a VIRGINIA RUSH Blue Sombrero account click Login and click the programs available tab next to your your child’s name and register.
- Be sure to add the second adult in your household to allow access to the account.
- Once in the account, you register your child first then select the program.
- Look for them to the top right next to the shopping cart icon and click the grey “Register Now” icon.
- The registration process will show only the programs available for your child’s age. SELECT THE “Advanced” North or South option. You are not selecting a team for your player. – Ex. A player born in 2008 will see U13 Advanced. Select U13 Advanced only. You are not selecting a team for your player.
- The process is similar to purchasing merchandise online.
- Check information for accuracy and pay the $5.00 fee by credit/debit card VISA/Mastercard only. (tryout/$5.00 fee is non-refundable)
- Once your child has been placed on a team, you will receive an acceptance email.
- After you have received the email, log back into your account and click the red “accept/decline position” button next to your child(ren)’s name.
- Click “yes” to accept, then click continue.
- Input the information asked on the next couple of screen and pay the full Fall/Spring payment.
- After your payment has been made you will receive a confirmation code and message.
Advanced Program Fees & Deadlines
The Advanced program is a one-year commitment. The fee for the fall and spring seasons is $240.00. Players must be registered and paid in full to receive the early registration discount. Players registering in the Fall do not register again in the spring. New players registering in the Spring season will pay TBA. The advanced uniform fee is not included in the registration fee.
NEW FALL REGISTRANTS
Registration – $240.00
The Capelli Sport uniform kit includes two jerseys (Home & Away), shorts, and one pair of socks. The uniform kit costs $85.
Uniform Purchase Information
All players in the Advanced program must purchase the new Capelli Sport uniform prior to the beginning of the Fall 2019 season.
The Advanced uniforms will be available for purchase at the Virginia Rush office. The VA Rush office is located at the Virginia Beach Sportsplex, 2044 Landstown Centre Way, Virginia Beach, VA 23456. Uniforms will be available to purchase on Monday-Friday from 9:00 am-4:00 pm
Uniform Exchange and Refund Policy
A uniform can be exchanged if any of the following guidelines are met: (1) Original tags are with the uniform (2) The uniform has not been worn, washed or stained (3) A number has not been pressed on the uniform
Uniform Numbering Procedure
*When purchasing the jerseys, there will be no numbers on them. Please see the following Uniform Numbering Procedures below.*
1. When your child has been placed on a team, Virginia Rush will assigned your child’s jersey number. Every player will have a unique jersey number.
2. Virginia Rush will press numbers on player jerseys.
TASL SEASONAL INFORMATION
FALL SEASON: September 12 – November 7,2020
SPRING SEASON: TBA
Fall 2020 Schedule
- Always double check your schedule on Friday before the game! Schedules are subject to change!
- Home Team wears BLUE | Away Team wears WHITE
- HRSC Weather & Cancellation Hotline: 757-518-5176
- Check the hotline for any updates prior to leaving for your game. This number is our source for any cancellations. Cancellations are not always due to bad weather, so please check this message before leaving for the complex. The hotline will be updated before any e-mails or website updates can be posted.
All Advanced home games are held at the Hampton Roads Soccer Complex (HRSC). All Games are on Saturdays For more information, directions and a map of the HRSC please visit www.soccercomplex.org.
VIRGINIA RUSH/TASL COACHES CODE OF CONDUCT
*Head coaches should be of sufficient maturity and moral character to accept responsibility that coaching youth requires.
*Players, coaches, and parents are expected to act and perform in a manner consistent with the principles of good sportsmanship. Coaches are expected to reinforce these principles with their youth and parents and act in a manner that does not embarrass the league or member club he/she represents.
* PHYSICAL VIOLENCE, FOUL AND ABUSIVE LANGUAGE, and/or HARASSMENT OF PLAYERS OR REFEREES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
* Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Team Manager(s), Team officials and Spectators committing this type of misconduct will be dealt with at the discretion of the referee. Any decision made by the referee is FINAL. The referee is the ultimate authority as defined by the FIFA Laws of the Game.
* Parents and Spectators are to be aware that the coach is responsible for their actions on the sidelines and he/she can and will be sent off the field by the center referee and even banned by from the future game by TASL for his/her conduct. If a parent/spectator is sent off the field by the referee and fails to depart and remain out of site and hearing of the match, FIFA rules can call for the match to be abandoned by the referee, forfeit by the offending team and a fine will be applied.
* The selection of coaches to participate within the TASL program is at the discretion of Virginia Rush.
*The current version of FIFA Laws of the Game are used for all TASL competitions. For small sided games (U9-U12), TASL has modified the rules in accordance with US Youth Soccer and FIFA requirements and recommendations.
- All coaches, players and spectators are to remain eighteen (18) yards from the goals.
- Coaches and players are to take the opposite side of the field from the spectators.
- No coaching may take place from behind the goal-lines.
- All coaches and spectators must remain at the least one (1) meter from the touch-line at all times.
- The referee or the assistant referee may, at any time, restrict the sideline movement of coaches, players, and spectators.
* It is expected that TASL coaches conduct themselves in an appropriate manner while on the field, either during practices or matches. Coaches unable to control their emotions, verbally (or physically) abuse players, other coaches, parents, league officials, or referees shall be disciplined in accordance with Virginia Rush and TASL rules and guidelines.
* Coaches/Authorized Team Manager are required to have their certified club signed team roster and player cards at all TASL matches. This can be in the form of a paper or digital copy.
* Only players that appear on the certified team roster and have a certified player card can participate at all TASL matches.
* At no point in time are guest players allowed to participate in a TASL match, regular or tournament. Additionally, players are only permitted to be on ONE TASL roster during a season. No dual rostering is permitted; players cannot be double rostered.
* The use of a guest player or illegal player, i.e. an individual not on the verified club TASL roster, will result in a forfeit and possibly be levied additional sanctions as directed by TASL.
* A coach or team official receiving a sendoff instruction and/or red card from the referee must leave the field and remain out of sight and hearing of the match for the remainder of the match. In addition, the coach is prohibited from participating in the next match and is not allowed to be present at the field or surrounding area. It is the duty of the coach to self-impose this sanction.
* It is the duty of the coach and the TASL club representative to without ejected players (from the previous match) from the following match.
* Virginia Coaches are not to contact opposing coaches or other club affiliates regarding scheduling or changing of games. All inquires must be filed through the Virginia Rush TASL representative.
* TASL teams are required to field a team for ALL scheduled TASL matches and ALL listed or scheduled rain dates.
* Each coach shall be encouraged to play each player at least one-half of every match.
* If teams are unable to field the minimum number of players on a field as defined by TASL for a match, the offending team will be required to pay a minimum fine of $75.00 and/or the cost of the referee fees of the match. The premise of TASL is to play matches, forfeitures do a great deal of harm in that both teams are denied a match.
|BIRTH YEAR||AGE GROUP||PLAYING FORMAT|
U9 14 Players Max | 7v7 U10 14 Players Max | 7v7 U11 15 Players Max | 9v9 U12 15 Players Max | 9v9 U13 18 Players Max | 11v11 U14 18 Players Max | 11v11 U15 18 Players Max | 11v11 U16 18 Players Max | 11v11
Fall 2020 PRACTICE FIELD AUTHORIZATION FORMS
Click below to view/print the Virginia Beach Parks & Recreation Field Authorization Letter for the field you will be using.
The Advanced Administrator’s whose duties include, but are not limited to, the formation of teams, overseeing field operations, program scheduling, and communications with the advanced program participants. All questions or difficulties concerning team formation or schedules should be directed as follows: