HAMPTON ROADS SOCCER COMPLEX
ABOUT THE HAMPTON ROADS SOCCER COMPLEX
The Hampton Roads Soccer Complex is located in Virginia Beach on 75 acres of property owned by the City of Virginia Beach and leased to the Hampton Roads Soccer Council for $1.00 per year. The land has been privately developed into 21 quality soccer fields, consisting of 7 small-sided fields and 12 full size Tifway Bermuda grass fields, plus 2 full size (75×115 yds) synthetic turf fields. All grass fields are fully irrigated with a Toro irrigation system.
HAMPTON ROADS SOCCER COMPLEX
2276 Recreation Drive, Virginia Beach, VA 23456
WEATHER HOTLINE: (757) 518-5176
HRSC Alerts webpage: http://www.soccercomplex.org/alerts
Fields are not open to the public for general use. PERMITS REQUIRED.
All training, matches, and events are scheduled by Virginia Rush with HRSC in advance.
- 21 quality soccer fields, consisting of 7 small-sided fields and 12 full size Tifway Bermuda grass fields, plus 2 full size (75×115 yds) synthetic turf fields. All grass fields are fully irrigated with a Toro irrigation system.
- 2500 sq ft brick Headquarters Building provides restrooms, concessions, meeting room and first aid trainer’s room, along with staff office. Building is flanked by two 30×44 ft picnic pavilions which serve as tournament and event activity centers. Winding paved pathways lead to each fields as well as two other picnic shelters, the Fidler-Smith Memorial Garden, the Andrew Schliske Memorial Playground, and a 2nd restroom & concession building for the convenience of the back fields.
- Over 7,500 soccer matches are played each year at the Complex including 8 regional tournaments, youth travel and advanced recreation matches, men’s, women’s and adult coed league matches, Special Olympics, State Cup and ODP events.
- Over the years, HRSC has been honored to be the site of the USYS Region 1 Championships, the US Club Soccer Regional Championships, the USASA Adult Coed National Championships, the US Club Soccer National Finals and the USASA Veteran’s Cup.
- Activities at the Soccer Complex generate an annual economic impact of over $11 million from the over 60,000 out of town visitors attending soccer tournaments. In addition, the Complex provides recreational opportunities to over 15,000 residents of Virginia Beach.
With the threat of lightning throughout the summer, please be aware of the HRSC Weather policy:
- If lightning is detected, all players, referees and spectators are to leave the fields and sit in their cars or substantial buildings.
Coaches and Referees are responsible for the safety of players and guests at fields.
HRSC restrooms and buildings are not shelters.
- Notice will be issued either by TWO LONG horn blasts, or by individual referees or HRSC staff announcements.
- There will be a minimum of a 20 minute delay from the last detected lightning occurrence before players will be allowed to take the field again.
- The “all clear” will be announced by THREE SHORT blasts and matches may resume.
- THREE LONG fog horn blasts – then the Complex is closed for the day due to continual threatening weather conditions or unplayable fields.
- All Fields for use by Permit Only at all times.
- Goals are to be anchored at all times – no moving or climbing on goals.
- NO SMOKING, ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES or DRUGS.
- No unauthorized field usage – all field use must be approved directly by HRSC in advance.
- No DOGS or other pets are allowed.
- No solicitations, flyers or selling is permitted on the Complex grounds or parking lots without written approval of HRSC regardless of club affiliation.
- No motorized vehicles allowed on Complex pathways or fields except for emergency, maintenance or event operations. This includes scooters, motor bikes or unauthorized golf carts.
- No unauthorized banners, dasher boards or promotional materials may be displayed on the grounds except for team banners during their matches.
- No open fires, grilling or other cooking allowed on Complex grounds except by authorized concessionaires.
- NO LITTERING – each team is responsible for policing their sidelines for trash and depositing in receptacles.
- Please Recycle in appropriate containers located throughout the complex.
- HRSC staff and officials have the right to require the removal of any individual (player, coach or spectator) from the Complex grounds that violates any of the posted regulations or who poses a threat to others due to violent or unruly behavior.
- HRSC Operations Committee or authorized designate has the right to cancel any event or match, in whole or part, if in their opinion field or weather conditions exist that are dangerous to the players or are detrimental to the viability and maintenance of the turf.
- Visitors must park in designated parking spaces only.
- PERMIT ONLY spaces require valid permit on display. No parking in RESERVED.
- No parking allowed along the street, around the center circle curb, over any curbs, up on medians or berms, within white- or yellow-lined areas and curbs, or in grass.
- No-Drop Offs or Pick-ups in circle at any time. Do not enter the circle without valid permit.
Have questions regarding the Hampton Roads Soccer Complex?
Please contact the Virginia Rush Facility Manager: