ABOUT VIRGINIA RUSH’S ADVANCED PROGRAM
The Virginia Rush Advanced program offers age groups U9 through U16 (2011-2004 birth year) boys and girls. The Advanced program is offered to players who seek a level of play between recreational and competitive. Teams are formed through an open onsite player placement process. Teams formed in June remain together for one year (fall and spring seasons). Players and teams can be added in the spring season.
The primary focus of the Advanced program is to offer age-appropriate training. The Advanced program groups children according to the US Youth Soccer (USYS) age group structure. Players U9-U12, participate in “small-sided” games, which enables the players to have more active participation and time on the ball. Players U13-U16, participate in 11v11, which allows the older players to receive the most realistic view of the game. All players in the Advanced program that participate in training/practices will play at least 50% of each game.
- Click the button above to begin the registration process.
- In the top right-hand corner click “Register” to set up your family account.
- Create your family ID and Password.
- Be sure to add the second adult in your household to allow access to the account.
- Once in the account, you register your child first then select the program.
- Look for them to the top right next to the shopping cart icon and click the grey “Register Now” icon.
- The registration process will show only the programs available for your child’s age. SELECT THE “Advanced” North or South option. You are not selecting a team for your player. – Ex. A player born in 2008 will see U11 Advanced. Select U11 Advanced only. You are not selecting a team for your player.
- The process is similar to purchasing merchandise online.
- Check information for accuracy and pay the tryout fee by credit/debit card VISA/Mastercard only.
Player Tryout/ Placements
The Virginia Rush Soccer Club conducts player tryout/placements for all players wishing to participate in the Advanced League. Players are required to register prior to player placements. All players who register and/or participate will be placed on a team. Current Advanced level players must attend.
Fall 2019/Spring 2020:
May 28th and 29th, 2019
5:30-6:30PM | U9 – U12 Boys and Girls
6:30-7:45 PM | U13+ Boys and Girls
Check-in time is 15 minutes before your scheduled time.
TUESDAY: Hampton Roads Soccer Complex, 2276 Recreation Drive, Virginia Beach, VA, 23456
Wednesday: RAVE Training Facility, 2949 Shipps Corner Rd, VA, 23453
*Players are encouraged to attend both nights of placements
Onsite Player Tryout/Placement Instructions
- All players must register online and pay the registration fee.
- Players are to bring a soccer ball, water, and be appropriately dressed for practice.
Team Formation Areas
|North||Bayside, Great Neck, Kings Grant and Norfolk|
|South||Chesapeake, Kempsville and Southeast|
FALL SEASON: September 15 – November 10, 2018
SPRING SEASON: March 23 – May 18, 2019
|AGE GROUP||AGE RANGE||PLAYING FORMAT|
|U9/10 Boys & Girls||01/01/2011 - 12/31/2010||7v7|
|U11/12 Boys & Girls||01/01/2009 - 12/31/2008||9v9|
|U13/14 Boys & Girls||01/01/2007 - 12/31/2006||11v11|
|U15/16 Boys & Girls||01/01/2005 - 12/31/2004||11v11|
U9/10: 12 Players Max | 7v7 w/ 5 Subs
U11/12: 14 Players Max | 9v9 w/ 6 Subs
U13 thru U16: 18 Players Max | 11v11 w/ 7 Subs