ABOUT VIRGINIA RUSH’S ADVANCED PROGRAM
The Virginia Rush Advanced program offers age groups U9 through U16 (2011-2004 birth year) boys and girls. The Advanced program is offered to players who seek a level of play between recreational and competitive. Teams are formed through an open onsite try-out process. Teams formed in June remain together for one year (fall and spring seasons). Players and teams can be added in the spring season through the Spring try-out process.
The primary focus of the Advanced program is to offer age-appropriate training and games in the Tidewater Advanced Soccer League (TASL). TASL offers competition at all levels of recreational youth soccer for boys and girls. Participation in TASL is extended to all clubs affiliated with the United States Soccer Federation (US Soccer) in the Hampton Roads area.
The Advanced program groups children according to the US Youth Soccer (USYS) age group structure and TASL guidelines. Players U9-U12, participate in “small-sided” games, which enables players to have more active participation and time on the ball. Players U13-U16, participate in the 11v11 game format, which allows these players to receive the most realistic view of the game. All players in the Advanced program that participate in practices shall play at least 50% of each game.
The Virginia Rush Soccer Club conducts player tryouts for all players wishing to participate in the TASL Advanced League. All interested (new) players for the Spring are required to register prior to the tryout date.
January 30, 2020
6 – 7pm | U9 – U12 Boys and Girls (5:30 check-in)
7 – 8pm | U13+ Boys and Girls (6:30 check-in)
Virginia Beach Sportsplex (2044 Landstown Centre Way, Virginia Beach, VA, 23456)
Onsite Tryout Player Instructions
- All players must register online and pay the registration fee.
- Players are to bring a soccer ball, water, and be appropriately dressed for practice.
Team Formation Areas
|North||Bayside, Great Neck, Kings Grant and Norfolk|
|South||Chesapeake, Kempsville and Southeast|
- Go to leagues.bluesombrero.com/varushsoccer to begin the registration process.
- In the top right-hand corner click “Register” to set up your family account.
- Create your family ID and Password.
- Be sure to add the second adult in your household to allow access to the account.
- Once in the account, you register your child first then select the program.
- Look for them to the top right next to the shopping cart icon and click the grey “Register Now” icon.
- The registration process will show only the programs available for your child’s age. SELECT THE “Advanced” North or South option. You are not selecting a team for your player. – Ex. A player born in 2008 will see U11 Advanced. Select U11 Advanced only. You are not selecting a team for your player.
- The process is similar to purchasing merchandise online.
- Check information for accuracy and pay the $5.00 fee by credit/debit card VISA/Mastercard only.
- Once your child has been placed on a team, you will receive an acceptance email.
- After you have received the email, log back into your account and click the red “accept/decline position” button next to your child(ren)’s name.
- Click “yes” to accept, then click continue.
- Input the information asked on the next couple of screen and pay the full Fall/Spring payment.
- After your payment has been made you will receive a confirmation code and message.
TASL SEASONAL INFORMATION
FALL SEASON: September 7 – November 2,2019
SPRING SEASON: March 14 – May 9, 2020
|BIRTH YEAR||AGE GROUP||PLAYING FORMAT|
U9 14 Players Max | 7v7
U10 14 Players Max | 7v7
U11 15 Players Max | 9v9
U12 15 Players Max | 9v9
U13 18 Players Max | 11v11
U14 18 Players Max | 11v11
U15 18 Players Max | 11v11
U16 18 Players Max | 11v11