CLASSIC MANAGER’S CORNER
VIRGINIA RUSH CLASSIC MANAGER’S CORNER
Welcome to the Virginia Rush Classic Team Manager’s Corner! Below is some useful information and links to help you with Team Management. More comprehensive explanations and quite a bit more information is included in the VA RUSH CLASSIC TEAM MANAGER INFORMATION PACKAGE, located in the first download section below.
Notices of updates to this page, as well as any important club info for teams will be sent to all team managers using a mass e-mail system.
Manager Information & Links
VA Rush Classic Team Manager Information Package
START HERE! Comprehensive package that outlines the Team Management Processes. Download it through link at bottom and take the time and read through it. Or skip to the section you need help with!
All VA Rush adult participants – Coaches, Managers, and Team Aides must complete the VYSA Risk Management Application. The application begins the process for the required Kidsafe Background Check and enters the adult into the database to allow placement on the team rosters.
- VYSA Risk Management Application (ALL TEAMS)
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS | COLLECT FROM PARENTS
The following forms and documents need to be collected from your parents. They are required to be able to obtain player cards for your players.
- Copy of US Youth Soccer required proof of birth date for each player.
- Player Photo- plan to take photos at first team meeting.
- VA Rush Player Information Form (ALL TEAMS)
- VA Rush Medical Release (ALL TEAMS)
- CDC Parent & Athlete Concussion Information Sheet (ALL TEAMS) *ORIGINALS MUST BE TURNED IN TO VAR OFFICE
- CHKD Sports Medicine Notice, Consent & Waiver Agreement (ALL TEAMS) *ORIGINALS MUST BE TURNED IN TO VAR OFFICE
VYSA DATABASE LOGIN (Login Information was emailed to you at time of Team Registration)
TEAM REGISTRATION WITH LEAGUE
- Complete Background Check (above) FIRST
- Complete VYSA Travel Team Application
- Once the club registers, you will receive an email from VYSA with registration links.
- Login and Build Roster (See Manager Info Packet above for more detailed instruction)
ROSTERING NEW PLAYERS FROM OUT OF STATE
Any players coming to VA Rush from another state need to contact their state’s Youth Soccer Association and ask them what needs to happen for them to transfer from from their state to VYSA. They will need to complete the “Interstate Permission Form” and submit to their state Youth Soccer Association for approval. They will also need to pay their state dues to their state Youth Soccer Association. Once approved, their state Youth Soccer Association will send the paperwork for VYSA to approve. It is then sent back to the parent to turn a copy in to the team manager. Their state Youth Soccer Association will issue the player a state number, it will be on the paperwork and the VA team manager has to enter that number in the player record. Until the manager has the approved paperwork they cannot even enter the player.
The player’s parent needs to contact the originating state’s Youth Soccer Association and confirm that is all that is needed and who they need to send the completed form to.
INTERNATIONAL PLAYER CLEARANCE (IF APPLICABLE)
FIFA requires all players 10 and older, regardless of their ability or citizenship, to receive an international transfer clearance (“ITC”) from their former country when they are attempting to register to play soccer in a different country (i.e., the United States). U.S. Soccer is responsible for obtaining that ITC on behalf of all players in the U.S. participating in affiliated leagues. FIFA, however, prohibits the transfer of players between the ages of 10 to 17 (minors) unless the player meets one of two exceptions:
(a) The player has moved with his/her parents to the U.S. for reasons other than playing soccer (e.g. work); or (b) The player and prospective club are both located within 30 miles of an international border.
If the player can prove to FIFA that either of the two exceptions above has been met, U.S. Soccer would be permitted to request the ITC for that minor player. If the player does not meet one of the two exceptions above, the available options are listed at the link below:
Almost all of the leagues and tournaments that your team participates in are tracked via GotSoccer. Tournaments using GotSoccer tournament software are provided all the details on every team that applies and most use the rankings points for acceptance and seeding placement. The GotSoccer account follows the oldest player rostered on the team, so chances are, there is already an account for your team. Contact the Technical Director with any questions.
To Create a team GotSoccer account:
- Go to www.gotsoccer.com
- Click on Teams and Team Officials
- Create an account
NEW UNIFORM ORDERING:
All new players to the Advanced program must purchase the new Adidas uniform prior to the beginning of the Fall 2017 season. Returning players from Fall 2016/Spring 2017 do not need to purchase new items unless desired. Below is the process for purchasing the Advanced uniform.
- Virginia Rush Office – The Advanced uniforms are available for purchase at the Virginia Rush office. The VA Rush office is located at the Virginia Beach Sportsplex, 2044 Landstown Centre Way, Virginia Beach, VA 23456. Uniforms will be available to purchase on Monday-Friday from 9:00am-4:00pm
UNIFORM NUMBERING PROCEDURE:
*When purchasing the jerseys, there will be no numbers on them. Please see the following Uniform Numbering Procedures below.*
- When your child has been placed on a team, please contact the coach for your child’s assigned jersey number. Every player must have a unique jersey number.
- Drop off the jerseys to Premier Soccer during store hours throughout the week. Jerseys will not be printed immediately. Premier Soccer will notify you when they are finished being printed.
- Premier Soccer (Located in the Landstown Common Shopping Center, next to Starbucks)
3376 Princess Anne Rd, Suite 207
Virginia Beach, VA 23456
SAFETY & ACCIDENT/INCIDENT REPORTING
Should an incident or accident occur while one of our players is at a training session, playing in a game or tournament, or in our care while traveling, always better to be safe than sorry and complete an Incident Form. Once completed, submit a copy to both the Executive Director and the Technical Director.
ALL COACHES AND MANAGERS SHOULD HAVE THE FOLLOWING APPS ON YOUR PHONES:
The Concussion Assessment and Response App: Sport Version (CARE-Sport Version) is an app that helps you to assess the likelihood of a concussion and respond quickly and appropriately to this potentially serious medical situation.
The Heat Aware App: The Heat Aware™ app have been developed to be used as tools to help raise awareness and decrease risk for those working or playing in extreme heat conditions. The Heat Aware™ app is your pocket reference for heat illness prevention