COMPETITIVE FINANCIAL AID
VIRGINIA RUSH COMPETITIVE FINANCIAL AID
Virginia Rush Soccer Club has a limited pool of funds available for financial aid to Competitive players. Members requesting financial aid are required to submit the Financial Aid Packet/Competitive Program. Financial Aid Packets submitted incomplete or missing information will be not considered.
A submitted packet does not imply approval. Financial aid applications may be denied, club fees waived or a portion thereof. Uniform and Team costs are the responsibility of the family. Fundraising opportunities are available to earn team fees.
Financial aid decisions are based on total scholarship funds available, the total player expense, family income, special circumstances, and available funds. All information submitted for financial aid is confidential.
All financial aid recipients are required to provide volunteer hours for events, events, tournaments, field and facility operations and other miscellaneous tasks during the year. Financial Aid will be credited to the player’s account monthly upon receipt of the Verification of Volunteer Hours Form.
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS JUNE 30TH CLOSED
Parents of Competitive players are encouraged to take advantage of the Competitive Player Fundraising opportunities available with Aramark. An explanation of the program and contact information is linked below.
REQUIRED VOLUNTEER HOURS
All financial aid recipients are required to provide volunteer hours for various events, tournaments, field and facility operations, Booster Club help, as well as other miscellaneous tasks during the year. Financial Aid is conditional upon receipt of the required volunteer time. Players 12 & older are allowed to assist in fulfilling the volunteer responsibilities of the family if the task is appropriate for the player’s age.
All Financial Aid recipients are required to register as a volunteer and sign-up for volunteer opportunities at the link below. Hours will need to be tracked and turned in using the Verification Form below.
Financial aid awards and required volunteer hours are as follows:
- 100%: This assessment means that 100% of the club fees are awarded. Families are required to perform 40 hours of volunteer work for club in the awarded year.
- 75%: This assessment means that a family is responsible for 25% of the club fee. Families are required to perform 30 hours of volunteer work for the club in the awarded year.
- 50%: This assessment means that a family is responsible for 50% of the club fee. Families are required to perform 20 hours of volunteer work for the club in the awarded season.
- 25%: This assessment means that a family is responsible for 75% of the club fee. Families are required to perform 16 hours of volunteer work for the club in the awarded year.
Should you not meet your annual goal of volunteer time, you risk not being awarded Financial Aid for the following year.
VOLUNTEER SIGN-UP PROCESS
- Register using the link below to add yourself to the database and select a position to serve. All members of the family working to fulfill the hours must complete the sign up link.
- Take the Volunteer Hours Verification Form, available for download below, with you to have the staff for the event sign off on the hours.
- Turn the form into the Rush office, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The completed verification form must be received within 7 days of completing the assignment.
- The completion of the hours will be approved in the database.
- Click the link.
- On the front page near the bottom, in the pull down menu choose Required Scholarship Position, then submit.
- Begin completing the registration page, midway after the cell phone information, the parent info and business directory, is the section called “Position.” The pull down menu will have the positions open in the database at this time to sign up. It is one line which is include the position description, date, shift time, and location. All the locations are field complexes. Rave, HRSC, and the Sportsplex. Select a position from the list.
- Complete the rest of the application and submit
- Page 2 will be the position selected block to enter child’s name and occupation, which is not required. Click Continue.
- The next screen will allow you to sign up for other positions available during the year.