Players are members of the Virginia Rush as a club, not individual teams within the club. Players selected not only join Virginia Rush but 54 other Rush clubs around the country. You are joining the largest soccer club in the world, with around 40,000 members!
COMPETITIVE TRYOUTS & PLAYER PLACEMENTS
VIRGINIA RUSH COMPETITIVE PROGRAM TRYOUTS & PLAYER PLACEMENTS
VIRGINIA RUSH PLAYER PLACEMENT/TRYOUT REGISTRATION:
- Click the button above to begin the registration process.
- In the top right-hand corner click “Register” to set up your family account.
- Create your family ID and Password.
- Be sure to add the second adult in your household to allow access to the account.
- Once in the account, you register your child first then select the program.
- Look for them to the top right next to the shopping cart icon and click the grey “Register Now” icon.
- The registration process will show only the programs available for your child’s age. SELECT THE “RUSH” OPTION FOR THE TRYOUT – Ex. A player born in 2008 will see U11 Rush and U11 Nero. Select U11 Rush only for the tryout. You are not selecting a team for your player.
- The process is similar to purchasing merchandise online.
- Check information for accuracy and pay the tryout fee by credit/debit card VISA/Mastercard only.
About VA Rush Tryouts/Player Placements
Every year in May and early June soccer clubs conduct their annual tryouts to place players on a team based on each individuals level of play. The purpose of the tryouts is to attempt to ensure that every single player is placed in an environment that will see them best develop as a soccer player. It is the goal of the Virginia Rush that all the players receive notification in a timely manner and are placed appropriately. The player placement process takes time and player notification will not take place until the Staff is completely satisfied with the results. All current Rush players will be notified by email and introductory phone calls will be made by the coach after the team has been formed. New players to the club will be notified by email or a phone call from the Director of Coaching. If a player is unable to attend the tryout process please contact us via email at email@example.com so that other arrangements for evaluation can be made.
All Tryouts for Virginia Rush require the player to register. Registration costs $5.00. Once players have completed and paid for registration, they just need to show up to their designated age group time-slot listed below and show us what they can do.
Rush will hold tryouts for players that are currently in the Virginia Rush Competitive system. Players will be observed throughout the year and consequently placed more accurately within the Virginia Rush system. Evaluations will be based upon level of play (technical, tactical), attendance, attitude, team chemistry, and consistency. All currently registered Competitive Virginia Rush Girls and Boys U10 through U18 will be evaluated by their age group coaches and Directors of Coaching, who will then hold a pre-tryout Player Placement block period meeting in May. Block period meetings are also held with the potential for player movement following the Fall season, December through January. The Head Coach will select his/her team with assistance from the Rush Directors of Coaching. During the year/season a player may be asked to transfer, or may request a transfer to another Rush team. The Virginia Rush will transfer a player only in certain circumstances such as injuries, player/coach conflicts, consideration to the implications of the entire age group, ability level, etc. For more information please contact the appropriate Director of Coaching.
Tryout/Player Placement Information
- All players currently registered as Competitive Virginia Rush players are required to register and attend tryouts.
- Tryouts for Competitive/Travel players U-10 and older who are not currently registered with the Virginia Rush club will be conducted. Advanced players seeking Competitive team placement must attend tryouts.
- Players moving into the area after tryouts will be placed according to their ability through the course of the year by the responsible Director of Coaching and Head Coach.
- DOC and age group head coaches as a group assign players to the their appropriate teams.
- Player Placement and movement may be done throughout the year.
- There is a one-time $5.00 fee associated required for tryout registration.
It is the goal of the Virginia Rush Soccer Club is to develop soccer players at all levels. In order to do this, we must place players on a team commensurate with their ability. We believe the philosophy below will help us better accomplish our objective.
In order for the Virginia Rush staff to fully evaluate a player it is strongly suggested that players attend BOTH tryout dates. Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the tryout process.
2249 Shipps Corner Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23453
What Age Group Is My Child In?
What To Expect:
- The Schedule for tryouts can be found below – make sure you check your age group and have the correct dates/times!
- Please plan on attending BOTH nights of tryouts for your child’s age group.
- Plan on arriving 20-30 minutes prior to the start of the tryout to check-in and so that your player can receive their tryout number (save tryout number for the second night).
- Your player will be directed to the appropriate field after checking in.
- Please make sure they have cleats, shinguards, water and indoor shoes/sneakers in case they have to go indoors.
- Once tryouts are complete, our coaches will have several meetings to discuss their evaluations and create the teams. This process typically takes through the end of May.
- Once the teams are formed – you will either receive an email with information on what team you have been placed on, which you will need to either accept or decline OR you will receive an email letting you know our recommendations for player development.
VIRGINIA RUSH WELCOME PACKET: