VIRGINIA RUSH COMPETITIVE UNIFORMS
Uniforms will be available through Capelli Order-Links starting mid-June. Your team manager will build the roster on the site which automates an email to each player/parent to then place an order. The player/parent will go on to the site individually to purchase the uniform kit. DO NOT DELAY WITH UNIFORM ORDERS!
Rush Soccer wears white “away” uniforms. As long-time Rush members are aware, the white uniforms are much lighter & Rush Soccer recommends that all players wear sliders/compression shorts under their game shorts (sliders for home shorts are also recommended).
RUSH CAPELLI APPROVED, CHKD SPONSORED, TRAINING GEAR WILL BE REQUIRED TO BE WORN AT ALL VA RUSH COMPETITIVE TRAINING SESSIONS
Players will wear the following for all Team Training & DOC sessions:
Capelli Sparrow Training Jersey – Grey/Blue
Capelli CS One Training Short – Black
Capelli CS One Training Sock – Black
*Keep in mind that you will be training in this 3 times a week. If you are not a fan of laundry, you may want to order extras in the training gear.
*Players must bring BOTH indoor and outdoor shoes for each session. Shinguards must be worn at all times during the sessions. Players will not be allowed to train if proper equipment and training gear is not adhered to.
SEE MINIMUM UNIFORM PURCHASE REQUIREMENT BREAKDOWNS FOR BOTH ADULT & YOUTH SIZES AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.
VIRGINIA RUSH SOCCER CLUB’S UNIFORM NUMBERING POLICY:
Virginia Rush Soccer Club is a player-centric club. Uniform numbering policies are needed to accommodate our player development philosophy, otherwise, player movement may result in conflicts with uniform numbers, creating additional uniform expenses for the players or teams. The goal is to eliminate and reduce the number of conflicts in the event a player is moved from one VAR team to another VAR team of the same age group or expects to frequently play with another team in a different age group, and the number is in use by an existing player on that team. With that in mind, below is Virginia Rush’s Uniform Numbering Policy:
- All team uniforms must have a number.
- Player number selection is not guaranteed, however, players may be provided with a choice of uniform numbers.
- Prior to teams ordering uniforms, teams are expected to communicate and resolve player numbers with an age group uniform coordinator. Managers within the age group can decide who is coordinating.
- All uniform numbering should be coordinated by age group/gender as to avoid duplicate numbers within the age group/gender. This practice will help avoid potential conflicts of having duplicate player numbers on any team caused by either guest player situations or potential player movement within the two-year uniform cycle.
- Should duplicates occur within the age group, the oldest (time in Virginia Rush Competitive Program) returning VAR player will keep their current jersey number.
- Should a player transitioning to a new team have a duplicate jersey number as an existing team player, seniority in the VAR Competitive Program would decide who keeps the number. Should the two players have equal seniority, the responsibility of selecting a new number will fall to the newest player to that team. Should team transition happen after uniform ordering has occurred, the responsibility of selecting a new number will fall to the newest player to that team.
- In the event of a player number conflict, the club expects players to resolve the issues amicably and as economically as possible, and if necessary, a random blind draw will be held to resolve the matter. At the end of the day, common sense should prevail.
- The numbers 0 and 1 are to be reserved for goalkeepers. Each goalkeeper may select whichever number they want; if a team has more than one full-time keeper, they should resolve any conflicts within the team.
- When possible all field players should use numbers 2-22.
- Should a player leave the Virginia Rush Competitive Program, then come back, their seniority (time with VAR Competitive Program) starts over.