RECREATION COACH’S CORNER
VIRGINIA RUSH RECREATION COACH’S CORNER
Recreation Coach’s Links
HEADING GUIDELINES (NO HEADING FOR U11 AND YOUNGER!)
In order to preserve the safety and welfare of youngsters involved in soccer and served by Virginia Rush, all personnel to include, but not limited to, all coaches, assistant coaches, trainers, other team officials, Board members, staff and volunteers, whether paid or unpaid, must complete a Kidsafe/Risk Management disclosure. To this end, Recreation Program adult participants must register through the Virginia Rush Adult Volunteer online registration system and Competitive Program adult participants must register through the Virginia Youth Soccer Assn. (VYSA) Kidsafe/Risk Management online program.
Background checks are completed on all adult participants in the Virginia Rush working with our youth in accordance with the VYSA Kidsafe Risk Management Policy. No single check source guarantees the safety and well-being of our soccer youngsters. A protective eye is necessary to ensure the safety of our youngsters. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in Alexandria, VA has recommendations that will help Virginia Rush members and parents prevent sexual exploitation of our youngsters. Following are those recommendations adapted to soccer:
- Know where our youngsters are when they are participating in our soccer activities.
- Be sensitive to changes in a youngster’s behavior; they are a signal that dialog needs to occur about what caused the changes.
- Be alert to a teenager or adult who is paying an unusual amount of attention to a youngster or giving them inappropriate or expensive gifts.
- Teach our youngsters to trust their own feelings and assure them that they have the right to say “no” to what they sense is wrong.
- Listen carefully to our youngsters’ fears and be supportive in all your discussions with them.
- Teach youngsters that no one should approach them or touch them in a way that makes them feel uncomfortable. Children should tell their parents immediately if someone does touch them inappropriately.
- Be careful about babysitters and other individuals who have custody of our youngsters.
- A coach or other adult should never be alone with a youngster. There should always be other people present to see what the adult and youngster are doing.
- Never leave a youngster alone after a game or practice or other activity.
FALL 2018 REC FIELD AUTHORIZATIONS
Click below to view/print the Virginia Beach Parks & Recreation Field Authorization Letter for the field you will be using.