ATLANTIC CUP RULES
ATLANTIC CUP LINKS
VIRGINIA RUSH ATLANTIC CUP TOURNAMENT RULES
OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT RULES
Registration: Team must register by sending team roster, ALL signed medical releases and player cards in one PDF file to the email John.email@example.com. Any teams that are including guest players must ensure they are added in pen at the bottom of the roster and include their signed medical release and player card. US Club and state passes cannot be combined to complete a tournament roster. Failure to register will result in automatic disqualification from the tournament without a refund.
Credential Information: Permission to Travel Forms, Approved State Roster, individual Medical Release Forms, and USYSA Player Passes with picture permanently attached. Permission to travel forms for all teams outside of Region 1 must be presented at team registration.
Region 1 Travel Policy: Any US Youth Soccer State Association teams within Region I that is accepted into a tournament in Region I do not need permission to travel documents. Permission to travel is not required in friendly games within Region I. Region I includes Connecticut, Delaware, Eastern New York, New York State West, Eastern Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania West, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia and West Virginia
Rosters: USYSA may register a maximum of twenty-two (22) and US Club may register a maximum of twenty-four (24) players for the U14, U15, U16, U17, U18 and U19 age groups, However, all age groups U14-U19 will only be able to have 18 eligible per game. In the U13 age group teams may have a maximum of 18 players (all being eligible to play). In U9-U12 teams are allowed a maximum of 14 (all being eligible).
Rules of Play:
|Age Group||Match Length (Halves)||Overtime||Ball Size|
|U18/U19||35 mins||5 mins||5|
|U17||35 mins||5 mins||5|
|U16||35 mins||5 mins||5|
|U15||35 mins||5 mins||5|
|U14||35 mins||5 mins||5|
|U13||30 mins||5 mins||5|
|U12||30 mins||5 mins||4|
|U11||30 mins||5 mins||4|
|U10||25 mins||5 mins||4|
|U9||25 mins||5 mins||4|
U9-U10 will play small-sided 7v7
U11-U12 will play small-sided 9v9
U13-U19 will play 11v11
Half Time: Half time will be exactly 5 minutes.
Substitutions: Teams may substitute only with the referee’s permission and only at the following times (including overtimes):
- All substitues must enter the playing field from the half way line.
- Except as provided by USYSA or VYSA, substitutions shall be unlimited except where specified otherwise in the rules and regulations for a special competition. Substitutions may be made with the consent of the referee, at any stoppage in play. (USYSA Rule 302).
- Piggy back subs are allowed, meaning if the team in possession decides to make a substitution, the opposition would also be allowed to substitute players in as well.
VYSA Heading Initiative: At the U11 and younger age groups VYSA has adopted a restriction on heading. The following rules will apply for all U11 and younger divisions in the tournament:
- Whenever the ball strikers a player in the head, play will be immediately stopped. The proper restart depends upon whether the player deliberately played the ball with his or her head.
- If deliberate, the proper restart will be an indirect free kick to the opposing team. If this occurs within the goal area, the indirect free kick should be taken on the goal area line parallel to the goal line at the point nearest to where the infringement occurred.
- If in advertent, the proper restart is a dropped ball.
Decisions are at the discretion of the referee and are final.
Player Equipment: It is the referee’s discretion to determine shoes meet FIFA specification for safety suitability. All players must wear shin-guards. Casts will be allowed if they are well padded in foam and or other protective material. In the event of a uniform conflict the HOME team must change.
Coaching: All coaches are responsible for the conduct of their players, substitutions, and spectators. Coaches and players will share the same side of the field as designated by tournament. Behavior of spectators associated with the team remains the responsibility of the coach. No coaching will be permitted within 18 yards of the goal line or behind the goal line. Coaches, players and spectators are not permitted to stand behind the goal line at any period while the match is in progress. Coaching from the sidelines is permitted, provided: The tone of the voice is instructive and not derogatory, no coach, substitute or spectator makes derogatory remarks or gestures to the referees, other coaches, players, substitutes, or spectators. Profanity will not be accepted and can result in dismissal and or forfeit.
Referees: All referees will be USSF certified. A one man system will be used for all U9-U10 small-sided matches. A three-man referee system will be used for all U11 through U19 matches.
Cautions and Ejections: Any player that receives two cautions (yellow card) in a single match will be issued an ejection (red card). A player that has received a red card may not return and may not be replaced. Any player that has received a red card is allowed to remain on the team bench but remains under the responsibility of the coach. Failure to control an expelled player may result in dismissal of the coach for future games. A player ejected will not be able to return for that match or the next. Any player ejected for Violent Conduct or Serious Foulwill be subject to removal for two matches. Any player or coach that assaults a referee, coach or player will be expelled from the tournament. Coaches that are ejected from a match must also serve a one game suspension. While serving a game suspension coaches must be out of site and serve no contact with a team during match play. Failure to adhere to these rules can result in team expulsion from the tournament. Red Cards decisions are final and cannot be appealed or reversed by any tournament staff.
Referee Decisions: Referee decisions on final score and other match related issues are final. Referees can change decisions after realizing he was incorrect after discussion with an assistant referee provided play has not already been restarted.
Point System: Teams will be award points based on the following criteria:
- Three (3) points for each Win
- One (1) point for a Draw
- Zero (0) points for a Loss
Tie Breaker: In the event of a tie at the end of bracket play, advancing team will be determined by the following tie break system:
- The winner in head to head competition.
- Team with the highest goal differential. A Maximum of three (3) goals per match will be counted.
- Most goals for.
- Most Total Wins
- Least goals allowed.
- If a tie still exists after steps 1 through 5, FIFA penalty kicks will be taken at a time and place directed by the tournament staff to determine the advancing team.
- If a three-way tie exists within a bracket after steps 1 through 5, a three-way coin flip will be conducted. The teams that tie in the coin flip will compete in FIFA Penalty kicks from the spot to determine advancing team.
Tournament Overtime: All preliminary games will remain a tie. In semi-final and championship matches, if regulation play ends in a tie the following steps will proceed:
- Two Five (5) minute overtime periods. The entire ten (10) minutes must be played.
- If the score remains tied after ten minutes, the tie will be broken by FIFA penalty kicks.
- Only the players on the field at the end of overtime will be eligible to participate in penalty kick procedure
- The players from each team must stay on the field of play and will meet at the center at the end of the game.
- Captains will meet for the coin toss to decide who kicks first.
- Referee decides which goal will be used.
Home Team: The home team is determined by the team that appears first on the game schedule. If a game ball is not provided by the tournament, the home team will be responsible for producing two game balls subject to referee approval for the match. Home teams will be required to switch to alternate uniform kits to accommodate a color conflict declared by the referee. If the home team is unable to supply alternate kits, the home team will be forced to forfeit the match. Home team has the ability to select benches of their choice at the start of the match. In accordance to VA Rush, home teams will wear dark and away teams will wear light colored kits.
Forfeits: Forfeits will result in a 0-3 score line. The winning team will be awarded three (3) points for a win. Teams failing to report ready to play within 5 minutes of the scheduled kick off time will be forced to forfeit. Teams that fail to check in will be forced to forfeit. Teams that take actions to cause a game to be abandoned will result in forfeit.
Protests: No protests will be permitted at any time during the tournament.
Tournament Cancelation: In the event of inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances that lead to a full cancelation of the tournament, teams will not be guaranteed a full refund. The tournament may issue a partial refund. Under the PSE Stay-to-play Housing tournament agreement, teams will be issued full hotel room refunds pending check-in.
Tournament Withdraw: Teams that withdraw before the schedule is posted will be issued a full refund. If a team must withdraw a team following publication of the game schedule a refund will not be issued to the team. All teams withdrawing from the event must make direct contact with a Virginia Rush Staff member to withdraw their application.
Inclement Weather: The Tournament Director reserves the right to make the following changes in the event of inclement weather.
- Relocate and/or reschedule a match
- Reduce scheduled duration of a match
- Change Division structure
- Cancel a match
- Cancel any or all games due to inclement weather.
Under no circumstances whatsoever will the Tournament Committee, Virginia Rush Soccer Club, sponsors, or VYSA be responsible for expenses (including tournament entry fee) incurred by any team. This includes a situation where the tournament or any game(s) are cancelled in whole or part.
8 Team Flight will consist of 2 brackets of four (4). Each team will play three preliminary round robins. After the conclusion of all preliminary round robins, all teams will be ranked in their respective brackets with top-ranked teams advancing to the championship.
7 Team Flight will consist of 2 brackets; one made up of 3 teams the other of four teams. Bracket A (with four teams) will play two matches in their bracket on Saturday and will complete the round robin play on Sunday morning. Bracket B (3 Teams) will play round robin matches on Saturday. Teams will be seeded after the last match on Saturday. The 3rd seeds from Bracket A and Bracket B will play a consolation match. The 4th place team in Bracket A will not have a fourth match. 1st and 2nd place teams from the two brackets will play each other on Sunday in two semifinal matches (1stA vs 2ndB and 1stB vs 2ndA). The winners from the semifinal match will meet in the championship match.
6 Team Flight will consist of 2 brackets of 3 teams. Each team will play two preliminary round matches. After the conclusion of the preliminary round matches, all teams will be ranked in the respective brackets with the top-ranked teams advancing to the semifinal matches. The third-ranked teams will play each other for their third tournament match.
5 Team Flight Each team will play four matches round-robin style. After the conclusion of all matches, all teams will be ranked with the top team winning the championship and the second team being the finalist.
4 Team Flight Each team will play three preliminary round robin matches. Following preliminary round matches all teams will be ranked with the top-ranked teams advancing to the championship match.
Tournament Facility Rules – All participants and spectators must strictly adhere to facility rules:
PRINCESS ANNE ATHLETIC COMPLEX (PAAC)
- No Alcohol, Tobacco, and pets are allowed within the complex at any time.
- Please park vehicles in designated parking spots only. Ticketing and towing strictly enforced in all parking lots.
- No artificial noisemakers are allowed during the tournament.
- Pedestrians encouraged to use crosswalks and to follow sidewalks.
- No participants or spectators are allowed on the fields prior to 7:00am.