VIRGINIA RUSH WINTER SOCCER SKILLS TRAINING is on for 2020-2021! Providing all youth soccer players with an opportunity to continue their skill development during the off-season, Winter Training Clinics will run on Wednesdays at the Virginia Beach Field House. The focus of the program is on individual technical development; each session will focus on technique appropriate for the age and stage of development.
Winter Training Benefits
- Individual skills development
- Off-season improvement
- Premium indoor location in Virginia Beach
- All session ran by Competitive and School of Excellence staff
Winter Session Structure
- Intro (10 minutes): An introduction to the training theme of the day.
- Main Activity (15 minutes): Challenging environments are created with lots of decision making, repetition and problem solving.
- Conditioned Game (15 minutes): The theme of the practice is built into a game-like activity where players can begin to link the concepts of the training session into the context of the game.
- Match (20 minutes): Free play in which prior learning is tied into the context of the match. These games will be conducted in small numbers, being 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4.
WINTER GOALKEEPING TRAINING COACHED BY SOE AND COMPETITIVE STAFF COACHES
Receiving Balls, 1v1 Fakes & Feints, Penalty Kicks, Taking Players On, Side, Half & Full Volleys, Keeper Weaknesses, Shootout & PK’s
YOUTH CENTER OF EXCELLENCE
SoE and Competitive Level training by SoE, Competitive and DOC Coaching Staff
- Registrants may request a refund NO LATER than two (2) days prior to the first day of camp or training sessions.
- Refunds are ONLY issued for requests received no later than the two (2) days before the camp begins.
- An administrative fee of $25.00 will be deducted from fees paid, per child. The admin fee covers the costs incurred by the camp.
- No refunds will be issued for partial participation in the camp.
- Refunds will be issued if the camp is canceled for any reason.